Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kitchen Tales - Part 3 Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti

I have seen this on so many of the blogs that I follow, I can't even begin to think of where I saw it first.  I am pretty sure it was here though.

This dish was really simple to make and ended up much better than I had initially thought.
Here is all you need (plus 2 chicken breast and 2 cups of chicken stock):

Use the salt and pepper to season your chicken breasts.  Then add those to 2 cups of chicken broth in a skillet:

I thought this was a really odd way of cooking the chicken - but it worked out and more than likely helped to keep the chicken really moist.  This stays this way for about 15 to 20 minutes on medium high heat, just until the chicken is cooked all the way through.  Remove the chicken and then either cube or shred it.

While the chicken is cooking you will want to make your sauce.  Here you will use 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of hot sauce (this makes it mild to medium, you can change it up for your personal heat preference).  Let these cook over a low heat until the cream cheese has melted.  Once that is done add your 1 cup of blue cheese dressing (I used a light version to keep it from being too heavy) and the chicken.
All that's left to do is add your pasta and serve!


Like I said, this turned out a lot better than I had initially thought.  The husband took all the leftovers to work (there were a lot since I used the whole box of pasta) - so I am guessing he liked it a little.

If you try it, I really hope you like.  We will definitely be making this again!

No comments: