Thursday, March 18, 2010

Egg-cellent Choice

This morning, with sleepy eyes and hungry bellies, I started the day with a quick perusal through my favorite blogs for some divine breakfast inspiration.  I happened over here and saw that she was looking for some inspired and inexpensive egg recipe ideas.  After staring into what feels like the abyss of my fridge, I remembered something I whipped up a month or so ago and was received with high praise...even from Thing 1!

I hadn't given them a fancy name...but here you go:

Bacon and Egg Cups

First gather all the necessary ingredients...of which are not many:

Quantities will depend on how many people you intend to serve.  A single serving should probably be one cup...so one egg and one slice of bacon per person.
Grate some cheese...however much you prefer.
Next you will want to wrap the bacon around the inside of the cup (there is no need to lubricate the pan - the bacon will do all the work for you):
Next step - crack your egg into the cup, season with salt and pepper and top with your desired amount of shredded cheese.  I used some fresh basil on some, just for a little touch of fancy!
 Pop them into your pre-heated 400 degree oven and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes - depending on your desired firmness of the egg.


Once done your cheese will be nice and oozy and the bacon egg cups will pop right out.  Plate ad enjoy!



If you try them, I hope that you enjoy them.  They are a really simple, inexpensive, quick and delicious way to start your day!


The Trendy Treehouse

2 comments:

Amy McCollam said...

Really pretty! I would have never thought to do something like this... and bacon & eggs is my usual morning breakfast!

PhoenixBites said...

Thanks, Amy! It's super easy and tasty. You should try it!