Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Radio Silence

Things have been so kooky in the last 6 months.  Good kooky...rather great kooky.
I have teamed up with my dear friend, Amy, on PhoenixBites as a staff writer.  The experience has been nothing short of amazing.  I have met some really incredible people and the food...let's be serious.  i like to cook and my pants size shows that I really like to eat.  The food that I have been blessed to partake in over the last few months has been nothing short of incredible.  The tops on the random and interesting meter would have to be the Beef Heart and Sweet Breads that I had at the amazing Prado restaurant inside the Intercontinental Montelucia Resort.
We have gone to some pretty impressive culinary festivals as well as new menu roll outs for local restaurants.  It's been amazing and I am so thankful to my friend for allowing me the opportunity to ride her coat tails on this phenomenal adventurer.  Though we do not know what the future holds, we relish the joy and excitement every day!
The boys are awesome.  Cole is becoming such a silly little person.  He loves to dance - be it one of our infamous weekend morning dance parties or any commercial with a jingle.  If he hears music - he dances.  At first it was just a rocking motion, then he started incorporating some swaying and now, well, now its a whole body rock out.  He throws his hands in the air and has just started going in circles (not my favorite thing...Nervous Nellie). Complete adorableness.
Aiden was having a rough time at school for awhile.  We tried so many different methods to figure out what the issues were and to see what we needed to do to get the kinks out.  We tried to eliminate dairy from his diet and that seemed to work - though I honestly think that he just had a really, really good day and in his mind it was all because we had switched over to Soy milk.  But, hey, whatever works right??
He's on Spring Break now and has been going to Cole's care giver during the day.  He seems to be faring well there, albeit he complains that its "kinda boring", its only for the rest of this week.
He had his super birthday fest last weekend - an ice skating party.  This was mostly nerve-racking for me in that it was the first Kindergarten birthday party of the year at school.  We made his invitations by hand together and then gave one to everyone in the class.  I was nervous that no one would come, mostly due to the fact that it was ice skating and being in the middle of the desert its not really a popular activity!  We actually had a pretty great turn out.  Relief!  Aiden had a great time, as I think his friends did...and can I just say, I have never seen so much star wars loot!! I tried my hand at a Darth Vader cake...it was not pretty. I sort of blew all my expectations of ever having a great cake after the masterpiece that was the Coyotes cake last year.  but, hey, Darth tasted great so I have that going for me!!
Nothing else terribly excited...except of course for the BodyBugg that I just purchased and that will be arriving tomorrow thanks to the boys (and girls) in Brown!  I am super excited to give it a go - I think that it will really be an eye opener and a great tool for me to finally be successful at getting all this junk off my trunk!
I will keep you posted on my results!!
Hoping that everyone is having a great start to the week! Me = So far, so good!!

No comments: